The Interesting Times Of Joel & Kia

We have lots of them..its just a matter if we blog them not not! haha!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Two Shall Become ONE!

We hear this phrase all the time when talking about marriage...."and the two shall become one" Here is a picture of the the phrase being "symbolized". This act is an easy part of the wedding ceremony...you just have to light the candle together at the same time and blow the separate candles out at the same time (for good effect) :) I "say" that it is "easy" but actually ended up pouring hot wax all over my hand and nearly screaming out loud! So thats the easy part....the hard part is when you have to implement this into every day life. Joel and I have been married for 45 days(according to theknot.com) and this has come up quite a bit. We used to live two separate lives even though we were dating our lives we still separate....I would go home to Maine or whatever as I wished and do MY thing...now its OUR thing. How weird is that? That is a hard concept for me to grasp sometimes. It is our life TOGETHER now and all our decisions and activities effect both of us. Who woulda thought that lighting that candle would bring on all of this!! LOL! Joel and I really enjoy being married and its a new adventure everyday as we continue to make our lives...ONE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Samara Ashley said...

awww you two are married. I always burn myslef with candles so it's okay!
-gorgeous dress btw

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home